Replace Windows with Linux

Post your general comments about Technology here.
FTW
Site Admin

Replace Windows with Linux

Post by FTW »

I try to avoid major tech companies that wield too much power and control such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.

My first suggestion on who to avoid is Microsoft. This is because there was a time you could BUY an operating system from Microsoft and easily use it on multiple computers, or even reload it on your main computer if you added a new hard drive.

Now, with Windows 10, they only RENT you an operating system. They also have it set up so that you can NOT avoid automatic access to your system every day, where they are adding new files to your system that you have no control over.

Why would you want to pay big bucks to a company that will not let you control what goes on your computer?

Linux is the THIRD most popular computer operating system in the world and it is FREE. It has a nice GUI, (Graphical User Interface) just like Windows, Mac, Cellphones and Tablets. Actually many of the Andriod systems are Linux based programs.

So if you want to get away from the high priced operating systems and paying big bucks for various computer programs, check into Linux.

IF you have any questions about switching over to Linux, let me know and I will try to help you. Remember, it's entirely FREE, so what do you have to loose.
Biker, Fighter, Conservative, Researcher, Writer, Teacher, Web Designer and more.

Return to “General Technology Comments”