August Spitzer

Post your REQUESTS for Information on a certain Family
Harlady

August Spitzer

Post by Harlady »

Date: 9/21/02

I can not begin to tell you how nice it has been to correspond with you. You have been a big help and I still have so many questions, while trying to decipher my grandma's recipes. Most were written to her understanding. Good thing I Like to cook! I am trying to get all of this together so other members of my family can have copies of her recipes. Everybody loved her cooking.

My address is in Greenville, Indiana. This address will not ever change as long as I am living. American Legacies has a copy on file for anyone who wants to reach out to me.

The property we now own, belonged to my husband's grandparents. So, this makes it easy for someone to be able to contact me even in the distant future.

I do have copies of my g-grandpa's naturalization and immigration records. His name was August Spitzer. I am really unsure ho to go about finding the rest of his family. He was born in Keiv, Russia on August 16, 1875 and immigrated to the USA on March 10, 1892 from Russia through Baltimore, Maryland, and was a Baker by trade. He retired from the Pfeffer Bakery in Louisville, Kentucky. This would explain my grandma's love of cooking. I do not know what religion his family actually was, but after moving here to the USA, I do know he was a member of a Methodist Church. I wish I knew more about him. If you could give me any ideas on where to go looking for information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Johnetta Corner
jrcorner97@aol.com
Harlady

Re: August Spitzer

Post by Harlady »

Date: 9/2/02

Sorry! My Grandmother was Doris (Spitzer) Cox, born in Louisville, KY, in 1921, having lived in Jeffersonville, IN, at the time of her death. It would be nice for a distant relative to contact me, since her father was an immigrant from Russia. And no luck on the Spitzer line as yet. Do you also need my address in case you are contacted and the person does not have internet access to e-mail me? I would not mind giving it to you.

Johnatta Corner
jrcorner97@aol.com