My 1st bike

What was your first Bike? Share your stories of when you first started riding.
FTW
Site Admin

My 1st bike

Post by FTW »

My first bike was a Kawasaki Enduro. I think it might have been a 350cc. All I can remember about it was it was green, possibly two tone as in green and white. It was basically a bike that you could ride in the fields or on the road.

It did have headlights, tail lights and turn signals.
I bought it used. Paid cash for it but don't remember how much.
I don't remember how I even got to the sellers house, because after I bought it, I was all alone and trying to figure out how I was going to ride it home.

I must have been around 15 to 20 miles from home. We didn't have a special drivers license back then, so anyone that could drive a car, could ride a bike, except I had never had any lessons, (they weren't available back then.)

On the way home, I was on the back country roads among all the twists and turns and the first curve I came to, I didn't know about leaning, breaking or anything and ended up across the road in some farmers ditch.

Luckily it didn't hurt the bike enough to keep me from riding it home. It wasn't much of a bike but it gave me a chance to learn how to ride before I spent the big bucks on a Harley.

Sure glad I got that educations. BTW, back then we didn't have a helmet law and I didn't have a leather jacket on, but since I ended up in the grass, no major damage was thrust upon my body.

Return to “First Bikes”